Admissions to Reception – Early Years for September 2020
In total we have places for 30 children. Places for the Foundation Stage Class are offered to children in the year in which they have their fifth birthday. Admissions to our school are organised by Cambridgeshire County Council Admissions team who are contactable on: 0345 045 1370 or via www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk .
Information from Cambridgeshire County Council Admission page
Apply online for a school place for September 2020 (from 12th September 2020)
If your child was born between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016, they are due to transfer to primary school in September 2020 and you must have applied for a school place by 15th January 2020. Please note there is no automatic transfer from nursery to Reception. Applications must be made in all cases.
12th September 2019 to 15 January 2020
- Read First Steps: How to apply for a primary school place. This booklet guides you through the process and explains how places are allocated if there are more applications received than places available.
- Apply for a place online (opens 12th September 2019) using the link at the top of the page. You can also apply by using a paper application form, and this is available by calling 0345 045 1370.
15th January 2020 - Deadline for applications
- All online applications must be completed by 11.59pm on 15th January 2020
- All paper applications posted prior to the deadline must be received at our office by 15th January 2020.
- If you apply after this time your application will not be considered until the second round of allocations on 21st May 2020.
January to April 2020
- The Admissions Team will liaise with schools and other authorities to make sure that, where possible, parents receive a single offer for the highest preference school which is able to offer a place.
16th April 2020 - Offer date
- Letters are posted second class to all parents who applied on time. Email notifications are also sent out to those who applied online and requested confirmation by email.
16th April to 18 May 2020
- Places declined by parents are re-allocated to children currently waiting on the school reserve lists.
21 May 2020 - Appeal deadline
- Deadline for parents to submit an appeal if they wish their appeal to be heard by 22 July 2018.
18th May 2019 - Second offer date
- Offers will be made on 18th May 2020 for late applications received between 16th January and 1st May 2020
June 2020 onwards
- Primary admission appeals take place.
- Your child starts primary school.
Children who have a statement of special educational needs or an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) that names the school will be admitted. NB. Those children with a statement of special educational needs or education health and care plan that does not name the school will be referred to the Statutory Assessment Team (S.A.T) to determine an appropriate place.
In the event of a year group being oversubscribed, and after the admission of pupils with a Statement of Special Educational Needs or an EHCP where the school is named, priority for admission will be given to those children who meet the criteria set out below, in order: -
A. A ‘looked after child’ or child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements, or special guardianship order. A looked after child is a child who is (a) in the care of a local authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of its social services functions (see definition in section 22(1) of the Children Act 1989.
B. Children with a sibling attending the school at the time of application who is reasonably expected to still be attending the school at the proposed time of admission
C. Other children by distance from the school with priority for admission being given to those who live nearest to the school as measured by a straight line.